Thursday, March 08, 2012

shabbat shalom 08.03.12

Hi everyone,

Tonight is the first night of Purim (Feast of Esther, celebrated a lot like Mardi Gras).  There are parties all over with people dressed up in costumes.  I’m not going; I woke up with a horrible case of diarrhea and stomach cramps this morning and barely made it to work without an “accident”.   Took Lomotil and drank black tea all morning so at least now I’m corked and hope that tomorrow the aches and pains will have passed.  At the moment even my forearms ache!!
This has been a horrid week generally.  Two of my little kitties less than a year old died from “something” that looks a lot like pan leukanemia (cat distemper).  It was horrible, as if they had swallowed poison and died with a great deal of pain.  I rushed the second one to the vet when he started diarrhea but it was too late; he was dead two hours later.

I got vaccine for the youngsters, assume my blind cats were vaccinated before I got them and the older ones should be immune.  Not much else I can do.  I spent the afternoon scrubbing the floors with bleach; it will be important to keep the house clean until this episode passes.

I leave for Brussels on Saturday night, so tomorrow I pack.  I’ve been setting aside what I want and just need to sort through it.  The two weeks in Belgium and the Netherlands got very busy at last and I have a full appointment book.  But I won’t have to get up at 4:30 am like I do here!
That’s about all, and actually the virus has me too weak to write very much.  I’ll try to write when I get to Brussels.

Shabbat shalom
Linda

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://shabbat-shalom-jerusalem.blogspot.com/

No comments: